As its name suggests, the “fillers” are fillers.
Filling can be done in several ways:
- compression of a depression, a hole, following a trauma, accident or operation.
- Comfort of a wrinkle, created not by the muscular movement, but by the loss of fatty tissue or due to the loss of elasticity of the skin. Ex: nasolabial fold, commissures of the lips.
- Increase of the lips.
- increase the volume under the eyes, at the height of the cheekbones.
- Accentuer the square of a jaw.
- correction of a deformation of the nose.
The materials used may vary, depending on the location and depth of the injections.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Collagen synthesis, there are several thicknesses and lengths in collagen chains, which makes the difference between different brands of collagen. Hyaluronic acid is similar to collagen present in the body and therefore there is no risk of rejection and makes it a 100% safe product.
- Radiesse is composed of synthetic calcium hydroxylapatite, the material that allows the formation of bones, so here too, no risk of rejection. This treatment also induces a stimulation of your own collagen.
All fillers are introduced by injection.
The life of the product is variable. This can range from 6 to 18 months, depending on the product and the depth of injection.
Side effects are possible depending on the location of the injection, the depth and the patient. Check with your doctor before treatment.